Thursday, July 30, 2009

Gotta have a plan.......

Okay, I'm not very good at keeping up this blog, but I'm gonna try to do better!!

So last Thursday - I had a FANTASTIC weigh in! And I was soooo happy with it! I knew exactly what had contributed to my success - plan plan plan!

The few weeks before that, I was in a plateau, and HUNGRY!! I looked at how I was doing things, and what I was eating and decided to sit down each night to plan my day of food for the next day!

It went GREAT! I was planning the whole day at once, starting with supper - because that is my most important "food time" as it is spent with my family. I wanted to make sure I could plan a healthy dinner that was good for the whole family and enjoyable at the same time. I'd move back from Dinner, to lunch, and breakfast - then finish with snacks.

I had also decided to plan for activity points and eat those for that day as well! I wish that WW's would use activity points before weekly points, but I'm sure there is some reason that it works the way it does. The thing is that those WEEKLY points are awful for me! I was feeling so intimidated by them - like if I dared to dip into my "weekly stash" I would surely jinx myself on WI day!

So, I changed my thinking - planned my next day, including what I consider Activity points, even though WW's dips into my Weekly points first! That seemed to help me get over the "guilty" feeling I had about those points.

And I mixed up my workouts - different times of the day, different activities, it was awesome!

The result............................I was able to plan my whole day, leaving no room for doubting myself about what I was eating. I also (best part)...........wasn't HUNGRY! And then, to top it off - I had an awesome loss on WI day! Fabulous!

So then, why did I spend the next 7 days doing nothing and being sooo hungry again. Sure I kept up with most of my workouts, but I just let the meal planning die with my WI! WTH??

I've had some issues with my stomach for a very long time, something that I thought I would leave behind with the fastfood hamburgers & french fries, but last week I was hit hard and it had me down. Maybe I was a little bummed that I was still suffering after changing my eating habits and working so hard to make a strong move toward a healthy lifestyle? Who knows, I think I used it as an excuse to be lazy!

Many would consider this to be self sabotage. Was it? Why else would I leave my success in the dust with the weight I had lost?

Who knows, but I've made a resolution to myself - no more excuses. It takes me about 3 minutes to plan my meals for the next day! Sure it may change a little depending on my mood, but 3 minutes to be full & lose weight! DUH!!

7 comments:

  1. That's right, Girl...No more excuses!

    I find that I stay better on track with my eating and exercise if I plan. Without my handy little calendar, I would be lost! LoL. You made me LOL with your "3 minutes to be full & lose weight! DUH!!!" :)

    You are doing a great job and I am so proud of you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. *THWAP* that's cuz your most recent blog is from July 30th! LOL Now get blogging.. it really does help when you post your foods, your thoughts, whatever it takes to become a better, more fit you!

    Welcome aboard the Fab Fatties #3 Challenge! Good luck! And get going on them points!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you!! no more excuses is the key, easier said then done, sometimes you dont even relize you are making one...lol
    great post!!
    Love,
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if you've stuck to your resolution... Sounds like you were on a pretty good track there. Let's hear how it's going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. “ Jenni I think your FABULOUS”
    Congrats on your win!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so wonderful, looking forward to more of your blog post!!!

    ReplyDelete